The Startup Un-Conference
Get ready! Philly’s very own Startup “Un-Conference” is here!
It is the first conference to be co-organized by both the Wharton Entrepreneurship Club and PennApps. Philly’s student tech and business communities must work together in order to put this city on the map alongside startup hubs like Silicon Valley and NYC, and we’re taking action.
In lieu of traditional panels and speakers, we’ve opted for a highly interactive format for our first “un-conference” ever. We’re going to hear from startup leaders who have faced the questions and problems that our student entrepreneurs are going through, and we’re also going to hold a series of interactive workshops to dig deeper on what our own students are working on. Finally, student teams will also have the chance to pitch their projects to compete for $1000 and other awesome prizes (see Pitch Competition for details).
We hope you can join us on February 23, 2013 for our Startup “Un-Conference” as the first of its kind! We are truly excited to be taking an important step to getting Philly’s student tech and business communities collaborating on a more regular basis.
We have some fantastic keynote speakers and workshop leaders lined up for you this Saturday. We’re very excited to announce keynotes from:
- Robert Moore (CEO) and Jake Stein (COO), co-founders of RJMetrics, a Center City-based business intelligence software startup that serves clients such as Fab.com, Threadless, Bonobos, and turntable.fm.
- Kon Leong, CEO / President / co-founder of ZL Technologies, a specialized provider of electronic content archiving software for large enterprise environments.
In addition, we’ll also be hosting interactive workshops led by the following industry leaders:
- Testing and Analytics for Entrepreneurs, by Entrepreneurs – Matt Gershoff, CEO of Conductrics
- Pitching and PR for Startups / Tech Companies – Loren Feldman, Small Business Editor of the NY Times
- UI/UX Design 101 – Spring Moore, Director at Razorfish
- Opportunities for Testing and Analytics for Entrepreneurs – Dr. Elea Feit, The Wharton School, Executive Director of Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative
- Crowdfunding 101 – Ethan Mollick, The Wharton School
- How to Know When to Pivot – Nick Shiftan, CTO of Curalate
Please RSVP and get your tickets here on TicketLeap. Tickets are in limited quantity! Stay tuned for more details to come on our website below, and follow us on Twitter!
Need a ride to the event? We’re also super excited to announce our partnership with Uber for the “Un-Conference”! If you don’t know already, Uber, “everyone’s private driver”, allows you to order speedy black car service right from your phone. Uber is offering all attendees who are new users a free ride up to $20 throughout the weekend (Feb 22-24) with promo code UNCONFERENCE2013. Promo must be entered during the sign up process. Here’s how to take advantage and take your first Uber ride:
1. Sign Up: Download the UBER app on your iPhone or Android device, or visitwww.uber.com/go/UNCONFERENCE2013
2. Enter the Promo Code: UNCONFERENCE2013
3. Request & Ride: Select your pick up location & tap Request Now
Date: February 23, 2013
Time: 10AM – 5PM
Location: 2401 Walnut St. 8F